Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sorry 1 more question...while playing tonight a situation arose and we weren't sure what the rule is. The person went through all the cards in their knee and discarded...when it is their turn can they look at their knee and then decide whether to pick up from the discard pile or draw 2 cards...the knee may have 2 of the card that had just been discarded. Or do they have to draw 2 cards before looking at their knee?

ANSWER: You are dealt a hand knee and foot. Not sure which you are referring to. The knee can only be picked up after the first canasta is made by your team, it is now your turn and you have either drawn two cards or picked up the discard pile. Only then can the knee be picked up. IF A PLAYER IS UNABLE TO GO INTO THEIR KNEE THEN AT LEAST ONE CARD MUST BE HELD IN HAND. If you are talking about the foot you must get rid of all cards in hand before you can pick up your foot. YES, they can pick up their foot and look at it before drawing or picking up the discard pile. IF UNABLE TO GO OUT THE PLAYER MUST HOLD AT LEAST ONE CARD.

11 comments:

  1. When a person is trying to mel the 120 and a king is on top a stack of discards do they have to pick all the cards or just the top one and draw one from pole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Question, a player must ask his team mates permission to go out. Since the team mate doesn't have to be in his foot can he look at his foot to consider the point deductions or only those that are in the hand he is playing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. No, but if the other team doesn't have their 7's, for example, that will cost them 5,000 points and there is no way your partner will have anywhere near that many points on their foot!

      Delete
  3. I just discarded my last card in my knee on my my next turn I pick up my foot the player before me threw a 6 down I pick up my foot. I have two sixes in my foot that I just picked up can I pick up the pile to use that 6 with the two that are in my hand???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok a friend taught us her version now Im trying to learn real game -- first what does it mean when you cannot bury a 5,7,or wild? also what does it mean when a player "knocks" what is that? please email me at cookiegramma3@gmail.com Terri I love the game but want to know the right way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To bury a card means you can add to a finished meld that is not in the 5 required ones.
      Rules:
      https://twrtimes.com/?p=1586

      Delete
  5. No. Picking up the foot is to play immediately. Can pick pile on next turn it you have 2 of same card in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I'm hoping to introduce my family to this game. We've played Hand and Foot for years and used to play Canasta. In this game, when five Jacks are on the table and a Jack is discarded, the person playing can't pick up with a pair of Jacks as books are seven and he can't bury the eighth Jack when the book is made. Can the player pick up if there are four Jacks in his hand? The logic being the player can book out the Jacks and restart start them with the three remaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question. Can you blacken an extra Red Canasta with Wild Cards

    ReplyDelete